That’s what we called the biliruben lights, anyway. They come in what looks like a little suitcase that opens up with the lights on top and you put the baby in the bottom.
Anyway, fortunately Jackson only had to be in there for a couple of nights. Not long enough to be too bad. But I had just enough nights with only 4 hours sleep to aggravate my sore throat into feeling much worse. I’m going to the doctor today, mostly because I don’t want Josh or Jackson getting it. Or Leann, I suppose.
Dad left town yesterday, and mom leaves later this afternoon. Tonight it will be back to just the four of us. Although four instead of three will doubtless take some getting used to.
We’re expecting a guy with a bilirubin light to show up at our house any minute now. Leann and I took Jackson to get blood work done today, as he was looking a little jaundiced. They found that his bilirubin levels were a bit high, so they’re going to deliver the infamous suitcase that Jackson will be living in for the next few days.
We were originally hoping to present Jackson tomorrow morning in church and are a little disappointed. Fortunately, we have been through all this before with Josh, so we’re not really very worried. But keep us in your prayers nonetheless.
Jackson Carter Priebe was born at 4:29pm today. He was 20.5″ long and weighed 7lb and 1oz.
Although, if it’s anything like last time, it could actually be early tomorrow morning. But let’s hope it’s not. I already had a little talk with Jackson this morning and informed him that it was going to be hard, but that his mommy was going to work hard too, so he’d better hurry it up.
Well, I’m off to drink way too much coffee. More news as we get it today…
False labor for several hours + 2 1/2 year old waking up several hours earlier than normal the next morning = Tim one hour late to work this morning. At least it didn’t send Leann into real labor.
Although forwarded emails rarely interest me, I actually thought one I had in my inbox at work this morning was fairly humorous. So here you go. Oh, and for even more fun, I’ve put in there whether Leann and I do these things.
[b”>You know you are living in 2006 when you… [/b”>
1. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries.
[i”>Leann does this all the time.[/i”>
2. You haven’t played solitaire with real cards in years.
[i”>True. At least my PDA makes it as portable as a deck of cards.[/i”>
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
[i”>Nope, just four phone numbers so far.[/i”>
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
[i”>All the time. I didn’t want to talk to them, anyway.[/i”>
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don’t have e-mail addresses.
[i”>Yep. Of course, if you’re family and reading this blog, I guess I’m technically keeping in touch, even if it’s one-way.[/i”>
6. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave.
[i”>Nope. All my passwords are mixed-case alpha-numeric. Well, alpha-numeric, at least.[/i”>
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
[i”>Commercials? Sorry, I have a TiVO.[/i”>
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn’t have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
[i”>Yes, although it was only 19 years before I got one.[/i”>
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
[i”>Hmm… I normally get my coffee ready and leave it in the kitchen while I check my email. So I think I technically get out of this one.[/i”>
11. You’re reading this and nodding and laughing.
[i”>The first time I read it, yep.[/i”>
12.. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
[i”>All of you. Well, not forward, but same thing.[/i”>
13. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
14. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn’t a #9 on this list.
AND NOW YOU ARE LAUGHING AT YOURSELF.
[i”>So true it hurts..[/i”>
We are scheduled to go into Mercy at 6:30am on Monday, December 18. Now that we’ve scheduled, Leann will probably go into labor or have her water break early.
For any anxiously checking the blog for news, there’s no baby yet. We went in to Leann’s doctor today, and she was dilated to a 2. Unfortunately, she has to be dilated to a 4 to book a room in Mercy, so it looks like we probably won’t be inducing on the 11th as we had originally hoped.
Looks like Wingstop may be our only hope now…